Calendar and Venue
Date: Dec 10 to 14, 2018
Time: 09:00 – 17:00 NPT (GMT+0545)
Venue: Hotel Yellow Pagoda
Network Management and Security
The objective of this workshop is to examine the key concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing and maintaining security for a network, and building an understanding and familiarity with their operation. Device and network infrastructure security is examined with a focus on different layers to establish a robust, stable and secure network and protect the data and processes that occur in the network.
The workshop also looks at the nature and structure of network attacks and the motivation that drives such on-line malicious activity.
The course further examines the actions and processes that can be used to identify, mitigate and respond to such attacks.
Engineers, Network Managers and Operators, and Security policy makers who are interested in network security and want to gain an understanding of the threats they face and how to mitigate such threats.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations and Internet technologies.
Network security fundamentals
Security on Different Layers and Attack Mitigation
Cryptography and PKI
Device and Infrastructure Security
Operational Security and Policies
Virtual Private Networks and IPsec
Agenda (includes links to presentations and schedule)
Muhammad Moinur Rahman (APNIC)
Chatur Shakya (PCH)
Rupesh Basnet (OM Networks)
IPv6 Deployment workshop
This technical workshop is made up of lectures and hands-on lab exercise to teach the concept of IPv6 protocol architecture, its addressing structure, design issues when planning for IPv6 deployment focusing on IP core network. It discusses network infrastructure design principles for dual stack deployment, OSPFv3, MP-BGP, transition technologies etc. Also presented for understanding and to encourage best practice knowledge.
The course includes considerable practical work based on IPv6 and Cisco IOS router configuration commands.
Both Entry and/or mid level technical staff of ISP, network operators or enterprise, who are involved in day-to-day network operation and planning function.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model, TCP/IP and familiar with router operating system software (i.e Cisco IOS etc).
- Internet Fundamentals
- Routing Protocols – IS-IS and BGP
- IPv6 Protocol and Standards
- IPv6 Enhancements to Internet Routing Protocols
- IPv6 addressing and Building IPv6 Address Plans
- Securing and Hardening IPv6 Networks and Devices
- IPv6 transition technologies including dual stack, 6rd, DS-Lite, 464XLAT, NAT64
- IPv6 deployment case study
Ram Krishna Pariyar (Subisu)
Kabindra Shrestha (PCH)
Vivek V Padale (Juniper)
Kijush Maharjan (Worldlink)
- Agenda (includes links to presentations and schedule)
Date: Dec 10 to 12, 2018
- Fiber Concept
- What is FTTH ?
- Why FTTH ?
- Broadband Providers
- Broadband options
- Why FTTH ? Why Now
- Broadband options
- FTTH Architectures
- Installation Techniques
- Network Design
- Power Calculation
- Troubleshoot in FTTH
- GPON Introduction
- What is GPON
- Evolution and Future
- OLT & ONT / ONU Definition
- Service Definition
- OLT Description
- ONT Creation
- Operations & EMS
- Service QoS
- End User Experience
- Control via EMS
Shri Ankur Sharma (Nokia)
Kiran Devkota (Worldlink)
Gyanendra Maharjan (InSyst Pvt. Ltd)
Krishna Murari Poudel (Worldlink)
Raju Chalise (Worldlink)
WiFi Management and Security
Date: Dec 13 to 14, 2018
Introduction to WiFi Networks (120 mins)
- 802.11 Standards Family
- Building blocks of WiFi technology (Spectrum Reuse, Carrier Sensing, Modulation, Bandwidth Aggregation, MIMO, Roaming, QoS, VoWiFi)
- 802.11ax Overview
End-to-End WiFi Network Architecture (120 mins)
- Core Network ( AAA, Captive portal, WAG)
- Wireless Authentication Models and Mechanisms
- Enterprise, Public, Telco Call Flow
WIPS and WIDS (30 mins)
Lab Session 1:
- General Configuration of Wi-Fi network
- Spectrum Analysis
- Demo of Security Threats and Detection
WiFi Network Design & Planning (30 mins)
Troubleshooting & Optimization
Lab Session 2:
- Demo for Advanced features and their working principle
Punit Manandhar (Worldlink)
Ashish Nehte (Arista)
Nadeem Akhtar (Arista)
Dibya Khatiwada (PCH)
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully complete the 5-day workshops will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Terms and Conditions
For Workshops: All Tracks
- All participants are expected to bring his/her own laptop for the workshop. The event organizers won’t be able to provide any laptops. The laptop should be able to connect to Workshop wireless network.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Networks is required.
- You agree to the event “Terms & Conditions” and are expected to observe fully the “Code of Conduct”.